Show Navigation

Art Collections

The Dick Institute Collection

James Ingram

Period:
19th Century
Description:

Painted in likeness by artist James M. MacKay, architect James Ingram was born in Kilmarnock in 1799. He had a successful practice in kilmarnock and amongst the buildings he worked on were the Palace Theatre on Green Street and St Marnock's Church.

 

He opened a branch of the practice in Glasgow which was run by his son William. His son Robert Samson Ingram who had trained in London, returned to work with him in Kilmarnock and the practice became J & R Ingram.

Materials/Media:
oil on canvas
Dimensions:
1070 x 762mm
Source:
The Dick Institute
Accession number:
FA/A159
Digital Number:
RI_DI_0053912
Creation Date:
1880
Copyright:
East Ayrshire Council