Show Navigation

Arts

Sculpture

Burns Statue, Ayr

Period:
19th Century
Description:

This Victorian glass slide shows the statue of Burns which still stands in the centre of Ayr (Burns Statue Square).  The statue was by the sculptor George Lawson and was unveiled in 1891.  The decorative iron railings were removed for scrap at the beginning of the Second World War.

 

Place of Production:
Ayr, South Ayrshire
Materials/Media:
glass plate slide
Source:
Dean Castle
Accession number:
GLR1490, GLR1493
Digital Number:
EAGP223a, b
Copyright:
East Ayrshire Council


Alternative Views:

alternative small picturealternative small picture