Show Navigation

Theatre

The Palace Theatre, Kilmarnock

The Kings Theatre, Kilmarnock

Period:
20th Century
Description:
The King's (which later became the Canon Cinema) opened in Kilmarnock on the 1st October 1904. Unfortunately the company that had backed the venture went into liquidation and the theatre closed in 1934 with a show starring Sir Harry Lauder.
Materials/Media:
photograph
Source:
Dean Castle
Digital Number:
EAPG116n
Copyright:
East Ayrshire Council