Show Navigation

Online Exhibitions

Rowallan & the Earls of Loudoun

Loudoun Castle (1)

Description:

In 1804 the Countess of Loudoun commissioned Archibald Elliot to rebuild Loudoun Castle. He enclosed the remnants of the 15th Century tower within a magnificent Gothic building which became known as the Windsor of the North.

 

This representation is the work of the artist J. McKinlay and the engraving is by R.Scott.

Source:
Dean Castle
Digital Number:
EAPR055n
Copyright:
East Ayrshire Council