Show Navigation

Agriculture

Dairy

John Ewing & Son Dairies milk bottle

Period:
20th Century
Description:

John Ewing & Son Dairies was sited in South Strand Street, Stranraer.  The dairy worked in conjunction with the family butcher business.  Above the shop was the Corn Exchange, also  controlled by John Ewing. His son Andrew Ewing, who took over the business, become Provost of Stranraer, 1947-1951. 

 

This quart glass milk bottle is inscribed with red transfer ink "John Ewing & Son, Dairymen & Food Specialists, Stranraer".

Place of Production:
Stranraer, Wigtownshire
Materials/Media:
glass, paint
Dimensions:
h: 25.5mm dia: 100mm
Source:
Stranraer Museum
Accession number:
WIWMS 1990.100
Digital Number:
SRGL006n
Creation Date:
Early 1940s to late 1960s
Copyright:
Dumfries & Galloway Council