Show Navigation

Agriculture

Dairy

Wigtownshire Creamery Company jar

Description:

Cream jars used by the Wigtownshire Creamery Company were manufactured by the Caledonian Pottery Company, Rutherglen, Glasgow.  This example with black transfer logo was produced after 1912.  Before this date brown transfer dyes were used.  The Wigtownshire Creamery Company was established in 1888 at Sheuchan Street, Stranraer. 

 

A tall jar with curved shoulders and screw thread rim.  Cream coloured salt glaze on stoneware.  Black transfer of Wigtownshire Creamery's logo of milkmaid.

Materials/Media:
stoneware
Dimensions:
H:150mm; Rim diam:58mm; Base diam:58mm
Source:
Stranraer Museum
Accession number:
WIWMS 1990.30
Digital Number:
SRPO011n
Creation Date:
1912-1918
Copyright:
Dumfries & Galloway Council