Show Navigation

Emergency Services

Healthcare – Hospitals & Infirmaries

Plan for proposed extension to Garrick Hospital, Stranraer, 1919

Period:
20th Century
Description:
The Garrick Hospital opened in Edinburgh Road, Stranraer in 1898.  It was built chiefly with finds from a bequest by Provost Garrick, 1885-87.  However such was the demand for it's facilities, it soon became apparent that it lacked sufficient accommodation.  These plans for extensions were provided in 1919 but it wasn't until 1935, after a concerted effort was made to fund the project, that these proposed plans were actually used.
Materials/Media:
paper, ink
Dimensions:
1990.16.1-2 H:524mm; L:675mm; 1990.16.3 H:612mm; L:675mm
Source:
Stranraer Museum
Accession number:
WIWMS 1990.16.1-3
Digital Number:
SRMP005a-g
Creation Date:
1919
Copyright:
Dumfries & Galloway Council


Alternative Views:

alternative small picturealternative small picturealternative small picturealternative small picturealternative small picturealternative small picturealternative small picture