Show Navigation

Home Life

Education

Extract from Fraser Memorial Institute Minute Book

Period:
20th Century
Description:

The Institute, which was situated behind the present Museum Visitor Centre, was built in 1906 by three brothers, Archibald, John and William Fraser, in memory of their parents John and Isobel Milligan Fraser. The Institute provided the miners with a reading room, billiard table, function hall and bathing facilities. It closed in 1964 and was eventually demolished.

Materials/Media:
paper
Source:
Museum of Lead Mining
Digital Number:
WHDO006n
Creation Date:
1908 - 1964
Copyright:
Wanlockhead Museum Trust