Show Navigation

Sport & Entertainment

Curling

Pair of curling stones belonging to James Thomson, Sanquhar

Period:
20th Century
Description:

James Thomson of Newark Farm, Sanquhar was an international curler in the 1920s.  On tour to Canada in 1923, he left these stones behind in Calgary.  They were returned to Sanquhar Tolbooth Museum over 50 years later.

Materials/Media:
granite, wood, white metal
Dimensions:
circumference 900mm, weight 14.5kg (32lb)
Source:
Sanquhar Tolbooth Museum
Digital Number:
SQST001n
Copyright:
Dumfries & Galloway Council