Show Navigation

Sport & Entertainment

Golf

Sanquhar Golf Club, Constitution and Rules

Period:
20th Century
Description:

Sanquhar Golf Club originally played on an 18 hole course which was laid out in 1894 on the lands of Castlebrae and Greenhead Farms.  The existing course on Barr Farm was laid our by William Fernie of Troon and opened on the 22nd July 1909.

 

In 1924 grazing cattle were removed from the course and sheep substistuted.  This meant that the club could remove the fences surrounding the greens but involved an increase in the rent of the land!  It was not until 1978 that the sheep were finally excluded from the course.

Place of Production:
Dumfries
Materials/Media:
paper, card
Dimensions:
124mm x 168mm
Source:
Sanquhar Tolbooth Museum
Digital Number:
SQBK007a-c
Creation Date:
1933
Copyright:
Dumfries & Galloway Council


Alternative Views:

alternative small picturealternative small picturealternative small picture