Show Navigation

Travel

Shipping & Ports

Piece of the ribbon that was cut to mark the opening of St Michael’s Bridge, Dumfries, 13th January 1927

Description:

There has been a bridge on this site since c1280 when Lady Devorgilla commissioned a wooden bridge to be built.  This stone bridge carried all traffic into Galloway until Buccleuch Street Bridge was built in 1795.

Materials/Media:
textile, cotton
Dimensions:
length 85mm
Source:
Dumfries Museum & Camera Obscura
Accession number:
DUMFM:1990.10
Digital Number:
DMTR006n
Copyright:
Dumfries & Galloway Council